Thursday, April 28, 2011

Artisan Bread made by me. Yes, really.

Ok, so some of you may have heard me say that my mom is an amazing cook. Amazing. I'm just ok. I don't do everything from scratch, nor am I really a fan of "measuring".

I was turned onto this book (Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day), by my friend Becky, and she said it was really easy. I didn't believe her.

Then, I was looking for a b'day gift for my mom, recently, and decided to give it a try. I ordered 2 because I'm cheap. Cheap? Yes, because by ordering two I could get free super saver shipping....ha! I really know how to beat the system. I'll show them!

Anyway, even after I bought the darn book, I let it sit on the shelf for a few weeks. And, then.....



Magic! I just bit the bullet, made up a batch, and out came this amazing bread. The crust is hard and crusty, which made me think it must be a lump of coal on the inside. Not so. Soft, warm, and yummy inside. I immediately found butter, and the rest is history.

Wouldn't you love more pictures? Hmmm...sorry. No process pics...maybe soon. I guess there's no proof that I didn't just go down to Panera and pick up one of these babies. Believe me, if I can do it, you can too!!

Happy Baking!

No comments: