Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fear Not

I've mentioned this blog Chatting At the Sky that I absolutely have come to love and appreciate, especially as I venture into this new medium of blogging. There is a lot of fear. What if I run out of ideas. What if no one likes the ideas I come up with. What if, what if, what if? She recently wrote a post here that was so profound on this topic. You can read it, but I wanted to restate her 14 Ways to Make Mediocre Art:



Preach.
Make love to Fear.
Demand appreciation.
Hold on to regret.
Be easily offended.
Compare yourself.
Do it right.
Stay comfortable.
Fear the success of others.
Obsess over measuring your impact.
Wait until tomorrow to make it fabulous.
Have conversations in your head with phantom critics.
Apologize for your opinions.
And by all means, don’t take a risk.

I'm gonna work on not doing these, as I dream big, and write like there's no one reading. :) xo

No comments: