Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11



I can't just let this date go by without saying something about this event. I think if you're in your 30s or 40s, this event in history was your "Pearl Harbor" or "JFK shooting". It was so disturbing and devastating sitting in my house, on my couch, on Tues, September 11th, watching people experience so much destruction and heartache. I think the perception is that you could have only experienced this event if you were IN the cities that were affected, and that "us" out here on the West Coast weren't fazed by this event. This could not be further from the truth.

I will never forget where I was, what I was doing, and who I was with when I first heard the words, "Turn on the TV, the twin towers were just hit with an airplane...". I had a 6 day old baby, and questioned what the world was going to look like for her future.

I know that this was an act of man, and it did not escape God's knowledge. God is good....all the time, even amidst things like this. However, things like this still rattle all of the safe places we have in our hearts, and take time to heal. I will be praying for those people that still are searching for healing after these long ten years, as we remember this event today, as well as God's continued protection over this great country.

No comments: