Thursday, November 3, 2011

More Unsolicited Party Planning Advice

Good {Sunny Seattle} Morning!!!

Ready? Isn't this what you need today? No, seriously, you do because the holidays are coming up and hospitality is a completely lost art. I l.o.v.e. having people over, and doing it up right, so I just thought I'd pass on a few of my tried and true tips.


Mark's Mandarin Orange and Dark Chocolate Cheesecake. Will never do you wrong. Soooo good. I'm still deciding if I'm going to post the recipe.....


Colored crystal sugar as sweetener. I mean, who can really use all that sprinkle on cookies that you're never going to make. Serve it at a party alongside some teas. People will swoon! 



I've been keeping my tea selection in an extra piece of my expandable utensil thing-a-majiggy. I don't need it for silverware, and it has handy dividers (from Storables), and is perfect for separating different teas. People are really into tea. Serious. This way I can just pull all the tea out at once, and not be fumbling with all the little cardboard boxes, etc.


Do funky napkins. Just for fun.


And stick with white plates. Most food doesn't look very appetizing on really busy plates. The simpler the better! I'm putting off the cheesecake recipe. Maybe at Christmas...just because....I should probably check with Mark first. Ha!

Enjoy Entertaining!

No comments: