Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Wall Art Project

I'm still in the process of working on my kids' rooms. Peyton's had some wall art in her room that we've enjoyed for several years, but is getting a little "tired". I, my dad, and one of our babysitters (hi, Lauryn!!) did some water color paintings in a similar palette probably 4 years go. It has gotten pretty faded, etc since then. here's what one of them looks like:


This used to be a rainbow...pretty sad, especially up against the crisp, white frame. I knew I could do better with this frame.



So, Peyton and I just took it apart. Easy!

I had found this green fabric, as part of her color palette weeks ago, here (upper left). Also, when I went yesterday to Hancock Fabrics, to pick up a yard of this, it was $21.78/yard, then I went to pay, and it was on SALE for $6.25/yd!! Yeah! I love me a good deal!



Here's what we came up with!


Better, huh?!

Here it is all hung up...excuse the lack of paint color...that's coming soon!



Imagine gorgeous tweed curtain panels hanging to the right, and an updated khaki colored wall...I'll get there!

Here's one more....


I used my little "chalkboard" pen (kind of like a dry erase pen) to write little notes on the glass...cute. What a punch of color!

What wall art can you make?!

1 comment:

Reunion Committee said...

oh I love it! love the prints!
Tana