Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Haven's Housecalls: Nicole's Masterbedroom

Yeah!! I got to visit my friend, Nicole, who is also my fab.u.lous. Uppercase Living rep!!
I dropped in to do a Housecall, today, to see what we could wrangle for her Master bedroom.


Uh, are you kidding me? It looks pretty good...

Here's the good, then I'll give you the tweakers:
1. Nice, calming atmosphere.
2. All the furniture matches and looks like its meant to go together.
3. Neat and not in need of decluttering (this is where I start w/ decor...)



Tweakers:

1. Everything matches a little too much for Nicole's taste. What can she do to darken some things, or make it not feel so matchy matchy?
2. Curtains.
3. To headboard or to get a complete bed?
4. More softness....

Here are a few suggestions, to work with what she already has:



They have a khaki/white/pale blue theme going on. She has these three as a stripe on the bed. They need a "floral", but to maintain the good masculine/feminine balance in the master, I'm choosing this super popular Ikat pattern from West Elm. I would do a nice dark oil rubbed bronze rod, w/ either 84 or 96" panels.


I completely love this headboard. Nicole said her husband wanted a sleigh bed, but unfortunately, they take up a lot of space in a room. This adds some great texture, and different warm wood tone to their room.
Its fine to "mix woods", in a room, as long as you repeat it a couple of times, so you can tell you were trying to be intentional.

Other random things: art over their bed.



Nicole's husband is a graphic designer, so he's kind of artsy and picky....so, they default to family pictures. This is another "artsy" take on something personal, from RedLetterWords that would function as art, but be sentimental and personal. Just a thought....

Other than that, and maybe adding something "green", like a houseplant in a nice pot, on one of the dressers, I think this space looks pretty darn good!!!

xoxo Nicole!



No comments: