Monday, February 28, 2011

Semi-Homemade

This title might become a series because for about a year I've been enamored with this phrase. Did you know its a magazine that you can actually subscribe to? Its with that gal Sandra Lee. Anyway, everything in this mag is showing things that are "semi-homemade". That is not how I was really raised. Everything had to be from scratch. So, when I saw a WHOLE cottage industry endorsing things that could be semi-homemade, my interest was piqued, to say the least.

This is a little "recipe" that would definitely fall into the category of semi-homemade. Its the cream puffs from Costco (freezer section) and chocolate chips. These are super duper yummy. I'm notorious for making these for baby showers because I'm obsessed with having miniature food for a mini-person celebration, but we're having a house-warming party, and I made them this weekend. Here's the how to:
Place chocolate in a double boiler. You can do this in the microwave, but given my "from scratch" upbringing, I have to use a double boiler. What would mom say?

Stir until melted, then remove from heat
Then just take the puffs and dip, one at a time, and place on parchment paper, on a cookie sheet so you can easily transfer to the fridge.

These are super delish! Enjoy!!

No comments: