Monday, March 28, 2011

Fabric Selection: a tutorial, part 4

Any one tired of the the tutorial, and just wanting to see the real thing? Me too. Still trying to save my pennies to get projects done. Slow and steady around here. We have a no debt policy, so getting used to our new mortgage is priority #1, so I apologize for all the slow action, and sticking to the basics.



Ok, so this is Miss Avery's room. Isn't she a sweetie??!!

She has had the beeeaaautiful robin's egg blue/khaki toile room, but we are ready to glam her up, a bit. She has huge brown eyes, and curly brown hair, with a personality to match. She needs something less sedate than toile. I love toile, so it was a good run of it. Here are her fabric selections:


She currently has a queen bed, which we're giving to Jack. She will get a full, and get Peyton's headboard and footboard; see here:


This brass bed was mine when I was a little girl, so I have sentimental feelings for it. Avery's fabrics are a little more delicate than Peytons, seen here:

So, we're going with the brass bed for Avery and her sweet delicate fabrics.

Ok, back to the selection: The cute little "Paris" scene fabric reminds me, slightly, of a patterned toile, so that's why I built the other fabrics around that. It will probably be the Euro shams. The striped will probably be a bed skirt, and I think we will make a more tailored faux Roman Shade out of the diamond.

The pink and green diamond has a nubby, textural quality to it. Avery only has one window, and its relatively low sitting on the wall. I want to fudge the height of her window, so I will place the roman shade super high, and it will only cover about 1/4 of her window, but yet make the window seem a lot bigger. I will probably use an accent color (some shade of pink) on the window wall, as the diamond fabric doesn't have a ton of color to it.


The paint color shown here is BM Navajo White #947. This may change as we move forward.
 I will probably choose a ready made solid bedding of either pink or pale blue

Here is something else I've considered doing the roman shade in:

This is $7 fabric (ahhhh! Heaven's singing!) is from Hancock Fabrics, and is a rare find. Its super soft and nubby...sort of tweedy, like Peyton's tweed. I was contemplating doing that with all the rest for Avery's. We shall see

Stay tuned!

No comments: