Friday, September 23, 2011

A New Outlook

You know when you move one thing in your house, but it changes your entire outlook on your house? That is what just happened to me today. I had this (duh) brainstorm to move my laptop/desk area away from here:



And, move it here:


Now, I can do the following with ease:

1. Watch the dogs nap (look closely at the picture). Its a big job, but someone has to do it. They need almost constant monitoring. I am a nurse after all, so if their breathing/snoring patterns are off, I'll put my stellar assessment skills right to work!

2. Sit. Wow, what a novel idea, that when you're a blogger, you'd actually want to sit at your desk. The majority of the time I'm either standing, or dragging the computer over to the island, on a cold, stainless-steel/granite surface. Check.

3. Stay in the middle of the "Action"; that's code for watch people do homework, and make sure they're not getting another snack or watching Wipeout (the show) when they're supposed to be doing their homework....

I love it. It has inspired me to move more stuff, but now its dinner time, and my husband's car will be pulling into the garage, and Big Dog is usually hungry at 6p. Go move something around!!

1 comment:

liz @ bon temps beignet said...

This is such a good idea. I wish I had a little more room in our living area to make a little desk for myself. We would have *plenty* of room in the dining room if my husband's motorcycle wasn't holding the floor down in there. Ugh. Don't you hate when automobiles hinder your redecorating ideas?