Monday, October 24, 2011

A few Party Secret Weapons

My friend, Karin, and I recently helped to host our church's staff for an "after bowling" party. We were charged with feeding 40 people "heavy snacks" after they bowled all afternoon, one day last week. Did I take pictures? No, of course not. But, I did, however, document (via pinterest) some fun ideas that we used, that I thought I'd pass along.

Here's the first:


Ah. I. die. These turned out so cute. We used sliced (long-wise) pineapple, mango, a few grapes, and a few raspberries. Karin is an actual cook. I just pretend to be. I end up caring more about how stuff looks than how it actually tastes. Ha! We were worried that the juice from the fruit would dribble as people walked around snacking. Karin came up with brilliance. Half of a {s'mores} marshmallow, cut in half, stuff down in the bottom of the cone. It worked perfectly to catch the drips. We stacked them on a platter just like this, and it was a hit.



This cabbage veggie platter was also a hit. Super easy. We cut the top off the cabbage, dug out a good portion of it, and then just filled with {homemade} dip. I really like the Knorr Vegetable dip/soup mix, mixed with 16 oz of sour cream. Delish! We ended up using the Costco veggie platter, but put it on a platter, all pretty-like. We ran out of my dip, so we just plopped the Costco dip in its place, inside the cabbage. Perfect!

Lastly, I've mentioned this before, but my fantastic Bunco Mix was a hit, as well. Thought I'd include the link to a previous post about it, here.

Enjoy! Party on, Garth!

No comments: