Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cooking Pinterest

As I've mentioned in past posts, I've been a faithful Relish fan for over 4 years. But. Now. I've been turned into a crazy Pinterest "foodie". I had been continually adding recipe options to my "board" on Pinterest, but wasn't making very much. Until about 3 weeks ago, and then "kablam"! So much great stuff out there. Here are few things that I've actually made and can vouch for.....

I made this on Saturday morning, for brunch after we got home from basketball games. It was a little bit out of control. Bourbon? Heavy Cream? Nap! Yummo!!


This is an Ina Garten recipe, so you know its going to be good. We have this "personal" size smoothie maker, so I just dumped all the ingredients in, WHIRRRRRRR, and done. So easy. Super super yummy!


I like bone-in pork chops better (usually more tender and flavorful), so that's the only tweak I made to this, but this was fantastic. I served it with mashed potatoes and steamed green beans.


This soup couldn't not have been easier. I dumped everything but the tortellini in, let it do its thing, then right before serving (about 15 minutes) I added the pasta. So great. The kids ate it pretty well....


This was so easy. I served it with orzo pasta (baby noodles, as we call it over here), and a salad. I love pretty much anything with chicken thighs, so this was perfect!


Serious. We had this last night. Jon and I were dying. It was.so.good. I said, "This isn't really a January dinner....more like a November dinner", meaning that it is NOT calorie friendly, but....who cares. Oh man, it was good!! Served it with a salad and chips and salsa....which brings me to this....


Chilis "knock off" salsa. Yes, please. We don't have Chili's around here anymore, but we used to always order their chips and salsa. It was so easy, and almost as good as the Pioneer Woman's salsa (but less work). Yummo!


Lastly, I'd seen this on Pinterest, but questioned whether this would actually work....homemade microwave popcorn. It can't be this easy, right? I really like "fresh" (from kernel) popcorn, but don't like any of the messy, time-consuming methods of making it. So, the kids and I tried this method yesterday, for an after-school snack yesterday. It TOTALLY worked!! I used a smaller brown bag, so I only used 1/4c of unpopped kernels, and then, voila! Perfect. We melted a little butter, added some salt, and it was great!

What have you been doing with all your Pinterest pins?? Try some out or comment here, to share your successes! xo

No comments: