Friday, January 6, 2012

Laundry Room: Wrapped Up


Here's the final pictures in our laundry room project. Its been done for awhile, but I've been on Christmas break...back to busines. As you  might recall, I had Sue the Seamstress create this fabric curtain to mount w/ velcro up under the counter, to hide all my junk!


This super fun wool kilim style area rug came from Garnet Hill, and is a runner size 2x8. I totally love it, and its a fun color pop in this room! I love small rooms. You can afford to do crazier things than you would do in a large, more public room. This is a perfect example of that.


There's my "junk" in the Ikea cabinet, as shown in a previous post. Its great to have all my fabric samples and beach towels (I know, that's a weird combo), put away.


I love this mirror. I got this on super sale, thru Ballard Designs, and it adds a lot of light to this small room. Nevermind that my husband was making fun of me for "decorating" my laundry room...."Lamp?" he says. Oh well. Whatever makes me feel good about going in there to do laundry, right?!


Here it is up close. Its antiqued and beveled. So great!


Lastly, I picked up one of those Ikea hanging racks for "All-things-laundry". Holds sponges, scissors, measuring tape, etc. Keeps everything tidy. I love the new laundry room, and I'm almost excited to do laundry.

1 comment:

Reunion Committee said...

oh I love it! I love the colors and materials you used! great job!
Tana