Sunday, January 15, 2012

Master Bath Progress


Here's our Master Bath, the day we moved in. Good bones, as they say, but not too exciting.

 

Tons of towel rods...could we have more? Wow! Nice.

 

Full view.

 

Then, some progress started happening....Lanie the Painter, not to be confused with Sue the Seamstress, painted for me. This is BM Alexandria Beige...I L.O.V.E. this color. Its darker, but go with me on this...it turns out great. (This is a night pic....) And, can you see the curtains hanging on the towel rods. Classy, right? They were waiting for Big Dog to hang them, so.....


Then, remember my super classy toilet paper roll art project, seen here? Well, here's the project started down on the dining room, table, and...


....finished, here. Love it! Adds that certain, je ne sais quoi.....


Ok, curtains installed.


More "art". I had this white frame (middle) leftover from Peyton's room design, and decided to do basically the same thing I did here. I had this fabric from the Calico Corner demise. Again, 60% off great fabric. I obviously only used about an 18" square here, so I need to figure out what to do with the rest.


I could eat this rug for breakfast, I love it so much. I had to be super patient, as it was on back order forevah. Its from Garnet Hill. Not on sale. Sometimes you just need a rug.


Ok, then last and not least are these cool Crate and Barrel sconces. I am totally in love with them. I put a flameless candle on them, and when I came in the bathroom last night, and all the lights were off, these were emitting such a nice soft glow. Ahhh.......


Here are the sconces up close and personal.  


Here's me. Just had to show the sacrifices for design that I'm willing to make. When I need to use my full length mirror, I have to climb into my tub. Yep. No biggy. Really. Can you tell I'm still trying to convince myself? I'll just chalk it up to exercise....you know, leg lifts, over the edge. That's how I roll.

xoxo

No comments: